5 Things Programmers Don't Do or Hate to Do
But anyways, I was called to fix it so I fixed it. In this blog I am going to explain how to solve Code 28 error
The drivers for this device are not installed. (Code 28)
When I checked ethernet device, it was showing above error. So first I tired to update driver by let windows automatically search for it but it did not give any result. Tried updating windows also but it didn't work. So finally I had to do all the process manually. First of all to identify which driver you will need download and install following software.
This software has vast database of drivers so it can find required driver for you very easily. Install the software and scan your computer with it. It will show you device driver software for it and will download it. If you are luck this software will automatically install it but I was not lucky. I am never lucky when I have to fix the things. So again I have to do manual process. Here are steps. This software will show you folder where it has downloaded device driver so keep that folder open, we will need it in later step.
1) Go to Device Manager from Control Panel and click on Ethernet controller.
2) Click on Update Driver, it will show you following screen
3) Select the second option "Browse my computer for driver software". Once you click on second option, it will show you following screen.
4) Click on Have Disk in above screen and it will show you following screen.
5) Click on Browse and go to folder where Driver Easy has downloaded your device driver. From that folder select .inf file and it will start driver installation.
Once the driver is installed it will show you success message. After that just restart your PC to make sure device driver installed successfully. In my case issue was solved after restart and internet connection was working. Hopefully it will solve your problem as well.